Monday, May 3, 2010

Track Spending With Me Through 2010! Week of 5/1/2010


Interested in tracking your spending with me? Refer to my original post here and my post here.

I actually got out to Rite Aid twice this week (for me this is quite a feat). I finished up the allergy rebates (as you can see below). I wanted to do that while I still had the good Wellness coupons. I had a coupon for a FREE bag of Sun Chips (perfect for our church potluck). Style Science sunglasses were FREE after the new VV coupon (this worked only on Saturday). I used them as fillers. When I got home I noticed that there is a $2 SCR on them as well wyb 1 (limit 2!!). The Bounty and Crest were on clearance (fillers). The Sally Hanson wasn't on sale (it is this week B1G1 50% off), but I wanted to use the Wellness coupons so I went ahead and did it last week (SCR wyb $15). The Shout wasn't on sale at all. I go through a lot of stain remover (3 boys - oldest one is 3) and I needed yet another filler. The Shout also had a $0.55/1 coupon on the bottle (which I used). I had a total of 11 transactions at Rite Aid this week. I could have gotten a lot more and made a lot more too, but I just didn't have enough time. Last week was a great week!



Rite Aid
Spent OOP: $37.36
Store Coupons: $86.34
Manuf Coupons: $154
Rebates: $65
Real Cost to My Family: MADE $27.64
Total Value of Products: $277.70 (I just used the sale value of the items.)
Total Saved: $305.34
% Saved: 109.95%


I also went to Walmart and picked up 2 pks hot dog buns, 2 pks hot dogs, 2 1/2 gal. ice cream, 2 pies, 3 sodas, and BBQ sauce. I had a Walmart gift card, so this didn't cost me anything OOP. (If I buy a gift card then the money comes out of my grocery budget, but if I am just using a gift card, it doesn't.)    : )


I haven't spent any money OOP at Giant Eagle (my local grocery store) in about a month. We've been primarily eating food that I had stored in our pantry/fridge/freezer. I'm going to have to go sometime this week as some things are very low now, or completely out.



As I get caught up - might take me a while - I'll post my year-to-date totals.

Let's encourage each other! Let me know how you did this past week. You are welcome to track your spending with me, or I'd also love to hear about your latest, greatest shopping trip.

Don't have a blog or web page to link, just post in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment