Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Walgreens 2/7 to 2/13



I’m going to break down each transaction so that you can see exactly what coupons to use and in what order. I write up a list like this for me to take to the store. Without it, too much can happen to distract oneself and I would end up paying a lot more OOP than necessary.

Once again, my personal goal is to spend as little money as possible OOP. Therefore, all my scenarios will reflect this. It’s kind of like a game to see how much I can get for how little.

**If you are new to shopping at Walgreen's, make sure you read THIS first as Walgreens has many coupon rules that you will need to be familiar with to get the best deals.**

I'm assuming that you already have RRs to spend.


Purchase #1

Buy:
2 Theraflu sugar-free nightime severe cold and cough (pg. 18) $10/2 (earn $5 RR wyb 2)
1 Valentine pencil with eraser top (pg. 11) $1/5 with in-ad coupon
Total items: 3

Then use the following coupons in order:
2 $2/1 Theraflu (PrintablePrintablePrintablePrintablePrintable)
$2/1 Theraflu (Diabetes & You)
Valentine pencil in-ad coupon (pg. 11)
$2 RR that you previously had (or if you have a $3 RR then buy an extra $1 item that you want; have a $4 RR, then buy an extra $2 item; etc.)
Total MFC: 3

Total OOP $0.20 + tax
Earn $5 RR for Theraflu (Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.)


Purchase #2

Buy:
1 Dove Men's +Care body wash (pg. 1) 13.5 oz. $5.99/1 (earn $6 RR)
1 Walgreens aluminum foil (pg. 6) 20 sq. feet $0.59/1 with in-ad coupon (Yeah!! I needed this as I'm out!)
Total items: 2

Then use the following coupons in order:
$1.50 Dove Men's +Care body wash 12 oz (Printable) (There are also $1.25/1 in 1/31/RP or $1/1 Printable. All these would make the item a moneymaker.  NOTE: In the 1/31/RP insert, there are two $1.25/1 coupons that would work - 1 $1.25/1 Dove Men +Care coupon and 1 $1.25/1 any Dove body wash.)
Walgreens' aluminum foil in-ad coupon (pg. 6)
$5 RR for Theraflu (Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.) purchase #1
Total MFC: 2

Total OOP $0.08 + tax
Earn $6 RR for Dove (Unilever)


Please check back, as I'm planning on posting more scenarios soon.

Total OOP cost for these two transactions: $0.28 + tax
Leftover: $6 RR for Dove (Unilever)
Value of items: At least $16.78

***As soon as you get in your car, or you get home, pull out the leftover RRs and write what you received them for on the RR. Do this so that you don't forget and try to use them on a like item. Sometimes the RR will clearly say what it was from and sometimes it will not. I always try to always add my own clarifying note.)***

At the end of the day, I will have SPENT $0.28 + tax and received merchandise with a sale value of at least $16.78.

No comments:

Post a Comment