Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rite Aid - Clarification on Coupon Policy

I found this VERY interesting information over at SlickDeals.

Originally posted by jaymeelee1980:

here was my email to corporate:

Quote :

Carrie,
This is a question regarding the Hershey's In-Ad coupon this week for $2 off any 3 bags of hershey's candy. The coupon policy states "Only one manufacturer coupon is accepted for each product, unless coupled with another manufacturer coupon found in a Rite Aid circular." Can I combine this coupon with the same $2 off 3 bags manufacturer's coupon from my newpaper insert?

The only reason I ask this question is that there are Rite Aid coupons for Visine and Benadryl that say that they're manufacturer's coupons, but they start with RC so they can only be used at Rite Aid. This specific Hershey's coupon starts with a 5 and is an actual manufacturer's coupon that I can use at another store. My thought is that I can only use the newspaper insert coupon or the in-ad coupon since they're both ACTUAL manufacturer's coupons, but the coupon policy says differently. So can I use both?

Thank you,
Jamie


and the reply:
Quote :

Jamie,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. According to the Coupon Acceptance Policy;

- Rite Aid accepts manufacturer coupons and Rite Aid coupons for the purchase of a single item. However, no coupon’s redemption amount can ever exceed the price of the item.

- Only one manufacturer coupon is accepted for each product, unless coupled with another manufacturer coupon found in a Rite Aid circular.

So, you may use the In-Ad Coupon in addition to the Manufacturer Coupon as long as the total does not exceed the price of the item you are purchasing.

Carrie
Customer Support

 
WOW! This means that the Stide gum coupon (B2G1 FREE - pg. 11 of this week's ad) can be combined with the newspaper coupon. Both are MFC, but because one appeared in RA's ad, they can be stacked!! So you could B1 and G2 FREE. And for the Hershery's you would buy 3 bags, and get $4/3 using 2 coupons (one in the ad, and 1 from the newspaper)!

5 comments:

  1. this is off the subject to what you posted but I was just wondering when you put up the rite aid add for the next week, I know you post them early but couldnt remember what day you post. Thank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on that right now. I try to post it at 6:00 am on Wed. . . I didn't have internet connection Tue night or Wed morning and I just forgot to get it posted. It will be up in a matter of minutes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check your blog everyday and I'm LOL about finding my own slickdeals post here, how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I check your blog everyday and I'm LOL about finding my own slickdeals post here, how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. : ) Your comment made my day. And I feel honored that you read my blog. : )

    Thanks for taking the time to contact CS and find out this great information. I had no idea that we could use 2 MFC on the same item and would probably never have thought to ask since I know that you can NEVER stack MFC coupon with other MFC! LOL Wow! I was so excited when I read your post on SD that I just had to share it. Thanks again!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete