Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pittsburgh Area Fresh Produce Picks: July 28 - August 2


Because of all the "stuff" that has gone on with my family this year . . . my garden is pitiful.  : )  So, I decided to try price matching at WALMART! 

This will be my third week price matching all my fresh produce at Walmart. So far everything has gone VERY smoothly.

(NOTE: Make sure you pay attention to the Walmart prices! Sometimes they are cheaper than any of the grocery stores.)

Steps to a smooth transaction:
1. Tell the cashier up front that you will be price matching the fresh produce.
2. Lay out each ad that you will be using on the belt (with the advertised produce side facing up).
3. Place the produce on top of the corresponding ad.
4. Cashier picks up the produce and the ad to match at the same time.


Once again, I put together a spreadsheet listing all the fresh produce in the ads (the ones that I have - Giant Eagle, Shop 'n Save, Aldi, Foodland, Khun's, Save a Lot, and BiLo) this week. I've listed out all the prices for the produce so that you can easily see which store has that item advertised and where it is the cheapest. You can then either shop the store(s) of your choice or you can take your whole stack of ads to Walmart and have them price match the lowest advertised prices for all the items.

Produce Picks July 28 - Aug. 2


By the way, I'm open to adding more stores if anyone wants to either volunteer, suggest a store, and/or figure out how to get me an ad for that store.

No comments:

Post a Comment